With the Drupal Sitebuilding training, you will discover everything about building a website with the Drupal content management system.
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone who wants to learn how to build a website with Drupal as the CMS. After this training, you will be able to modify the content of your website yourself, without any knowledge of coding. Learning Drupal has never been easier.
- Self-employed entrepreneurs: You want to build your own website and know that you can win customers by having a good website. You would like to build and maintain your own website. Drupal is perfect for this. You do not have to program anything: with the help of modules you can build the right functionalities.
- Webmasters, copywriters, and content editors: Do you already input content on Drupal or a CMS and want to learn how to configure the CMS better? Then this is the course for you.
- Front-enders: You're doing theming for Drupal and working primarily with template files? Take this course and learn how contributed modules help you change and configure the layout of your site, without touching code or template files. You will also learn how to implement common features by adding a module and configuring it correctly.
- Project managers: As a project manager on Drupal projects, it can be interesting to know what Drupal is and what its site building capabilities are. Learn how to use and extend the Drupal core: install modules and configure them to implement common features.
- Sales: Are you selling web projects? Do you want to sell Drupal projects? It is easier to convince your client if you have more knowledge about Drupal and its functionalities. This course will show you how to easily extend Drupal with contributed modules.
- Self-builders: You work with Drupal, but can't find all the information. Sometimes even selecting the right modules is a chore. This course helps you develop your site building skills. Expand Drupal by adding contributed modules and configure them properly.
- Non-technical professionals: Are you a professional outside the IT world and working in an environment where suddenly a small website is needed, which you have to put together yourself? Then in this course you will learn how to use Drupal, expand it with modules and then configure it properly - without touching the code.
What is the value of this training?
You will learn to build a Drupal website by using the power of contributed modules on drupal.org. You will build your own website and implement functionalities without touching the code.
Our course will ensure that you save time in the future. Not only will you learn how to install and configure modules, we will also tell you which modules are most suitable. Wrong modules can jeopardize the future growth of your website. It all seems overwhelming, but with the right help and explanation, that too becomes child's play. You learn how to add functionalities and then also configure them correctly. An important step that will save you a lot of time.
In addition, we give you the best practices, so that you are completely capable of maintaining what you have just built.
Do I need prior knowledge?
It is not necessary to take the Drupal Discover training course first. We do recommend it if you have no prior Drupal knowledge.
The Drupal Discover training starts with the basics, while this training goes deeper into this. To not miss anything, we definitely recommend the Drupal Discover training first.
As a small, starting company you like to build your own website. This saves you costs and you have the management in your own hands. This is perfectly possible with Drupal. With this course you will gain knowledge about building a simple company website.
- Fields - Data Modeling
Entering content in Drupal is done via entities and fields. We explain how to do this and teach you how to model data correctly.
Nodes is the most widely used entity, especially for entering content. How do you create your own node types and add additional fields? Learn how to use and configure the Drupal in-place editor.
Drupal works with users that can log in. We explain how this users object works.
What is the best way to work with files in Drupal?
The taxonomy system in Drupal is very powerful, but do you master it? This section shows you how to use it and extend it with fields.
- Views in core
This module is a must for any Drupal installation and allows you to create views of your content. We explain the best practices of using the Views module. Since Drupal 8, this module is in the core.
Learn to use the Webform module and build your own webforms.
Use the media module to manage all your media files.
This section explains how to use the menu system.
- UI Site Building
Drupal has a lot of configuration possibilities. You can already build a nice website by using it.
Learn to create a photo gallery on your website.
- Page Components
Explanation of all the components used to build Drupal pages. Learn how the block system works and how to use context in pages.
How do you build a carousel on your website?
Learn which modules are best used to improve your search engine ranking.
Social networks are important today. How do you integrate them?
We cover modules you can use for online marketing.
- Basic Search
Drupal includes a core search module. We'll take a look at these and give a few more examples of more advanced search setups
Want to learn even more? You can do so with our Drupal Coding course.