The outcome? Gezinsbond now has full ownership of their entire multisite environment. They no longer depend on any SaaS provider or dedicated agency for support. The Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is kept low as a result of the choice for open source Drupal technology, allowing for a full payback of the initial investment outlay over five years.
The platform answers all the needs for a large organization:
- Local teams have the freedom over their content management for every subsite,
- Centralized security updates are automatically deployed on all local sites,
- Corporate brand and content updates (e.g. press releases) are centrally published and pushed to all websites without any involvement of local teams,
- New sites can easily be deployed by the central team,
- Gezinsbond has the freedom to focus on further brand unification and professionalization of its core business.
Currently, more than 350 websites are already live on the new platform.