6 SEO tips to rank better in Google with optimized images
We all want to rank on the first page of Google. And preferably straight at the top, right? Did you know your Google score largely depends on the images you're using on your website?
Therefore, don't just place any picture on your website. Ensure all your images are optimized for your visitors, your website, and search engine crawlers like Google. Why? Optimized images make your website faster. That benefits your SEO, which means you get a bigger inflow of users, and it improves your user experience. The result? More and better conversions. You probably understand why this is so important.
But how to make sure your images are findable? How to ensure that they don't slow down your website? And which factors do you have to take into account? We give six essential tips and optimizations to get the most out of your images. Let's get that number one ranking in the search results!
With these six practical and accessible tips, you can make sure you only use images on your website that are optimized for your visitor, your website, and the search engines.
Before you get started, here are our most important insights and action items:
- Choose the right format. Resize for a faster loading speed of your pages.
- Pick photographs with an authentic look and relevant content. No boring and distant stock photos.
- Check if you have the proper permissions to use the image.
- Provide appropriate SEO elements on the page (metadata, alt tags, etc.) and the image.
- Take the trouble to give a descriptive filename and alt tag to your images. A name that also describes what is in the image.
- Feel free to add important keywords without overdoing it.
Capiche? And now: optimize and upload those images!